Fall Internship Applications Now Open!
BMC is looking for talented interns with skills in digital marketing, content publishing, event planning, technical curriculum development and community development.
PART I: Complete the Application
Click the button below to complete Part 1 of the application.
PART II: Submit Resume
Submit your resume in .pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org (Attention: Darian Nwankwo). In addition, please include a writing sample based on the position you are applying for.
Note: The deadline for applications is September 15, 2017 @ 12:00 AM.
Web AdministratorBMC is seeking a skilled web development volunteer with a desire to either implement existing knowledge or dedicated to learn new skills. The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Experience in developing sites with HTML/CSS/PHP is preferred.
- Experience in popular web develeopment frameworks other than PHP is desirable (e.g., Ruby on Rails, Django, Flask, ASP .Net).
Social Media CuratorBMC is seeking a skilled social media volunteer with a desire to either implement existing knowledge or dedicated to learn new skills. To maintain the brand's image across multiple social media profiles, curate and promote new content and analyze site metrics to aid strategic planning. The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in social media based marketing.
- Experience in blogging, online marketing, SEO and traffic generation are preferred.
- Knowledge of cultural trends and experience in event promotion.
Content CuratorBMC is seeking a talented volunteer for the curriculum development team that will be responsible for technical contributions to the curricula and technical content curation for the BMC blog. The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in technical writing is a must.
- Experience creating, defining and developing personal software projects
- Experience in tutoring and peer-to-peer mentoring
Event Coordinator/Account ManagerBMC is seeking an individual looking to manage and cultivate relationships with vendors and key partners, draft letters of sponsorship and pursue funding resources and coordinate key day-of event logistics. The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in business development and marketing
- Proven track record of building and maintaining relationships
- Experience or capability in the Adobe suite of design products is preferred